Winter Steelhead Day Float Trip
Catching Steelhead in the Winter
From our local urban rivers — the Clackamas and Sandy, to name a couple — to our many coastal options, incredible winter steelhead fishing is within reach for those willing to brave the elements for big fish. Water Time Outfitters will give you the best opportunity to shake hands with the power of winter steel.
Water Time Outfitters guides the best rivers of Oregon's North Coast as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers. Join us!
What to Expect on Your Single Day Winter Fly Fishing Trip
For more than 25 years Water Time Outfitters guides have been plying Oregon waters for Winter Steelhead, which are in our local river systems from December through May. This time of year we fish the best waters of the north Oregon coast as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers near Portland. Winter steelhead vary in size from 5 pounds to well over 20 pounds. Average fish are often 8-10 pounds. Float through the rain forests of the Oregon Coast where deer and elk roam the forest. We fish the Trask, Wilson, NF Nehalem, SF Nehalem, Kilches, Nestucca as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers.
Single Day Guide Trip Fees
What We Provide
- An experienced guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- Flies! We carry thousands of them.
- Soft drinks, snacks, and water.
- Email with a detailed itinerary of your trip including directions to the meeting point, what to bring and what to expect.
- Hot Shore Lunch
- Rod, reel, and lines are available when scheduled in advance.
What You Provide
- Your travel arrangements to and from the meeting place for your trip in or near Portland, OR.
- Waders and Boots (Let us know if you need recommendations.)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Even though we have flies, we recommend you bring your favorites with you!
- Give us a heads up on any dietary restrictions before the trip.