Winter Steelhead Day Float Trip
December to May
Catching Steelhead in the Winter
From our local urban rivers — the Clackamas and Sandy, to name a couple — to our many coastal options, incredible winter steelhead fishing is within reach for those willing to brave the elements for big fish. Water Time Outfitters will give you the best opportunity to shake hands with the power of winter steel.
Water Time Outfitters guides the best rivers of Oregon's North Coast as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers. Join us!
What to Expect on Your Single Day Winter Fly Fishing Trip
For more than 25 years Water Time Outfitters guides have been plying Oregon waters for Winter Steelhead, which are in our local river systems from December through May. This time of year we fish the best waters of the north Oregon coast as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers near Portland. Winter steelhead vary in size from 5 pounds to well over 20 pounds. Average fish are often 8-10 pounds. Float through the rain forests of the Oregon Coast where deer and elk roam the forest. We fish the Trask, Wilson, NF Nehalem, SF Nehalem, Kilches, Nestucca as well as the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers.
Single Day Guide Trip Fees
Book Your Trip Here!
What We Provide
- An experienced guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- Flies! We carry thousands of them.
- Soft drinks, snacks, and water.
- Email with a detailed itinerary of your trip including directions to the meeting point, what to bring and what to expect.
- Hot Shore Lunch
- Rod, reel, and lines are available when scheduled in advance.
What You Provide
- Your travel arrangements to and from the meeting place for your trip in or near Portland, OR.
- Waders and Boots (Let us know if you need recommendations.)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Even though we have flies, we recommend you bring your favorites with you!
- Give us a heads up on any dietary restrictions before the trip.
Being a small business and guiding on Oregon’s finest Waters, cancellations affect us greatly. When WTO reserves your fishing date, we allocate precious resources to that time frame. Each season affords us only a small window to maintain our company as a small, family-run business thriving amidst the ups and downs of NW fisheries. Cancellations received 60 days in advance of the trip date will receive a full refund. Any cancellations received less than 60 days from the trip date we will do our best to reschedule your trip if possible, but last-minute changes are often difficult as we are booked well in advance and deposits will not be refunded. We recommend purchasing trip insurance to protect you against unexpected changes to your travel plans. When weather and water conditions do not allow us to fish, we will refund your deposit in full or reschedule your trip to an agreed-upon fishing date.