Winter Steelhead Jet Boat Day Trip
About the Clackamas
On the Clackamas River we target steelhead just minutes from the Portland airport. Long runs, choppy riffles and sweet hidey holes are everywhere on the Clackamas if you know where to look. With perfect water for the swung fly, chrome fish arriving daily, and a stunning mountain view, the Clack is the perfect choice for the spey rod angler.
This is how you get up and down The Clackamas! When time is limited, or for options aplenty, the jet boat puts you on the water and in the action. Fast.
What to Expect on Your Single Day Jet Boat Trip
Variety and options abound on the Clackamas. With the speed and versatility of the jet boat we can cover many different sections of the river – often without other anglers around. During low-water times, the drift boat comes in handy.
Guided jet boat trips cover the best waters of the river, timing our fishing locations to optimize our results. Full day trips may cover many miles or just a few depending on where the fish are. The mobility of the jet boats helps us “stay in the fish”. Hot riverside meals are served with your full day of jet boat fishing.
Jet Boat Trips
What We Provide
- An experienced guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- Flies! We carry thousands of them.
- We supply a hot BBQ lunch on the shore, soft drinks, snacks, and water.
- Email with a detailed itinerary of your trip including directions to the meeting point, what to bring and what to expect.
- Rod, reel, and lines are available when scheduled in advance.
What You Provide
- Your travel arrangements to and from the meeting place for your trip in or near Portland, OR.
- Waders and Boots (Let us know if you need recommendations.)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Even though we have flies, we recommend you bring your favorites with you!
- Give us a heads up on any dietary restrictions before the trip.