Spey Casting and Fishing Lesson by Water Time Outfitters
Have you struggled with spey casting sink tips and heavy flies or do you want to take your Skagit casting to the next level and catch more winter steelhead? Level up with this customized spey casting class that shows you not only how to cast sink tips and weighted flies but also how to fish them!
This class has something for every caster from beginner to expert. Our expert guides and instructors will give you the hands on tools you need to advance your skills from wherever your at with the main goal to help you catch more fish.
You’ll learn specific details of the cast that will enable you to have the tools you need to analyze your own cast and self diagnose so you can correct your cast long after the class is over. Learn the foundational principles you need for success along with the finer points you need to excel and build your skills for a lifetime of great casts.
Let’s face it better casters fish more efficiently and often catch more fish. Let us help you increase your skills so you can increase your success!
Catch More Steelhead
That’s what we all want right- to catch more fish. Not only do you learn casting techniques and efficiencies that lead to success we also teach you how to fish the Skagit line. Winter techniques are different than summer and we show the secret strategies you need to succeed.
This class is held on the Clackamas River during the winter steelhead run timing and on good steelhead water that we also guide and catch fish in regularly. Water level permitting we will use jet boats for this class to access the best water and allow you to work on your casting from both “river right” and “river left”.
Next Class Date
- Jan 6, 2024 (Class size limit: 6)
Class is $135/person.
What We Provide
- Experienced guide and Casting Instructor! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- Rod, reel, lines and flies are included within the cost of the trip-reserve your rods in advance or bring your own.
- Four hours on the water consisting of instruction and guided fishing
What You Need to Bring with You
- Waders and Boots (If you don’t have your own, you might be able to borrow from a friend!)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Spey rod (we prefer #7 or #8 rod for steelhead) matching Skagit line with running line behind it
- Winter Steelhead Flies: We recommend Crandall’s Provider, Crandall’s Devils Candy, Crandall’s Guides Choice
- Appropriate clothing for time on the water- this class is rain or shine as long as the water conditions are fishable we are a go.
Please note that class payments are non-refundable. If you must miss your scheduled class, please contact us ahead of time. If we can reschedule you for another class session we will. As these classes are scheduled year-round, weather can be an issue. We run these sessions rain or shine as long as we determine the river is in a fishable condition. If we determine the water is unfishable, we will either reschedule or refund your class fees.