Start your fly fishing journey right with good fundamentals and fun! This introduction to fly fishing on the famous Deschutes River is a great course for the beginner or fun for the whole family. It also makes a great gift!
Here’s how it works…
Your 6.5-hour class is held on the banks of the world famous Deschutes River near Maupin, OR. The Deschutes is Oregon’s premiere, blue ribbon trout river. Detailed instructions and a specific meeting point will be e-mailed after you sign up. We’ll meet on the river (in a limited small group where social distancing and fresh air are easily part of the deal) covering the main points of fly fishing basics, we’ll cast, fish and have a blast!
With our riverside instruction we give hands-on help covering a wide range of topics like rigging, fly casting, a study on bugs and what fish like to eat, and fly fishing techniques. A get-started class information packet is included for you to take home, and we will get you on the water to fish for trout and coach you towards fly fishing success.
What you’ll take with you- a great experience, new fly fishing skills, a pile of great spots to go fishing on the Deschutes, a new sport you can love for a lifetime and probably some new friends!
Pick Your Workshop Date.
- March 28
- April 11
- May 1
- June 13
- July 11
- Aug 8, 22
- Oct 3
Workshop Cost is $195 per person.
Spots are limited to 6. Spots fill fast and pre-payment is required to reserve your spot.
What We Provide
- An Experienced instructor/guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- Rod, reel, lines and flies are included within the cost of the trip (please pre-arrange if you need equipment).
What You Need to Bring with You
- Waders and Boots (If you don’t have your own, you might be able to borrow from a friend!)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Something to take notes on. You’ll receive a lot of valuable information!
- You’ll want to pack a lunch for this day.
Please note that class payments are non-refundable. If you must miss your scheduled class, please contact us ahead of time. If we can reschedule you for another class session we will. As these classes are scheduled year-round, weather can be an issue. We run these sessions rain or shine as long as we determine the river is in a fishable condition. If we determine the water is unfishable, we will either reschedule or refund your class fees.