Steelhead Multi-Day Float Trips – Deschutes
About the Deschutes River
The World famous Deschutes River is second to none in steelhead fly fishing. This river is a gem in the high desert of central Oregon. Flowing north to the Columbia River the Deschutes River is home to one of the most robust summer and fall steelhead runs in the lower 48.
Catching Steelhead on the Deschutes
Aggressive steelhead caught on swung fly are the hallmark of the Deschutes. Most of the season steelhead can be caught on floating lines. This technique is thrilling and rewarding. Our permit covers the lower 100 miles of the Deschutes River for both drift boats and power boats. We fish different sections as these prized fish migrate upriver.
A take from an aggressive summer steelhead, deep within the great desert canyon of The Deschutes, is only a cast away. You deserve to be there.
What to Expect on Your Multi-Day Float Trip
Wake up in the morning with a cup of coffee and step into a prime steelhead run just a few feet away from camp. Comfortable camps on the world famous Deschutes River get you into the action and away from the crowds. Our camps are designed to be your “home away from home” with large, 14’ x 14’ canvas tents that you can stand and walk around in. Comfortable cots and plush sleeping pads make your adventure a breeze.
Our camp staff prepares our lodging in advance and often has hot cookies coming out of the oven as you arrive. Fish ‘til dark if you like! A fully prepared meal will be awaiting you.
Guided camp and float trips are based on two anglers per boat, with groups of 4 or 6 most common. More can be accommodated. Overnight float trips can be from 2-5 days. We can also accommodate large corporate groups. This trip requires a 20% deposit to hold the reservation.
Multi-day Guide Trip Fees
What We Provide
- An experienced guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- This trip also includes camp staff to float ahead and prepare camp.
- We provide dry bags for your use.
- Camp is fully supplied with tents, cots, and comfortable sleeping pads.
- On overnight trips, we supply all your meals starting with BBQ shore lunch day one through lunch the last day.
- Soft drinks, snacks, and water.
- Flies! We carry thousands of them.
- Email with a detailed itinerary of your trip including directions to the meeting point, what to bring and what to expect.
- Rod, reel, and lines are available when scheduled in advance.
What You Provide
- Your travel arrangements to and from the meeting place for your trip in or near Portland, OR.
- Waders and Boots (Let us know if you need recommendations.)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Even though we have flies, we recommend you bring your favorites with you!
- Give us a heads up on any dietary restrictions before the trip.