Multi-day Deschutes Steelhead Spey Water Jet Boat Camp
July to November
Jet Boat Trips on the Deschutes
This is prime time for the most pissed off, aggressive steelhead of the season. If you want a chance to see your backing, this is the time. Our jet boat trips offer you the best flexibility and access to the river. This allows us to stay in shaded water longer and fish specific runs and light angles at the right time of day. You’ll have very little downtime between the amazing riffles, pools, and runs of the Deschutes.
These trips focus on the most remote part of the canyon to optimize our fishing success and will be downstream from the Mack’s Canyon Boat ramp. We use jet boats for transportation only as regulations do not allow fishing from a boat -all fishing is done while wading.
The thrill of the take from an aggressive steelhead can be only a cast away. Wake up in the morning with a cup of coffee and step into a prime steelhead run only feet away from camp.
What to Expect on Your Multi-Day Jet Boat Trip
Your time on the water is optimized you can simply fish and relax. We pick you up at the boat ramp in the afternoon before your first full day so you can get to camp, settle in, and get a good dose of evening fishing. Wake up in the morning with a cup of coffee and step into a prime steelhead run only a few feet away from camp. With the jet boat, we have the ability to cover lots of water and stay in the fish as they migrate up river.
Comfortable camps on the world famous Deschutes River get you into the action. Our camps are designed to be your “home away from home” with large, 14’ x 14’ canvas tents that you can stand and walk around in. Comfortable cots and plush sleeping pads make your adventure a breeze, and our camp staff prepares your lodging in advance. This trip accommodates 3 – 7 anglers on our comfortable, stable jet boats. Departure is around 1pm the last day.
Standard Jet Boat Camp Package
Book Your Trip Here!
What We Provide
- An experienced guide! Expect patient, personalized attention and an intent focus on optimizing your time on the water.
- We provide jet boat, life jackets and boaters passes.
- This trip also includes camp staff to float ahead and prepare camp.
- We provide dry bags for your use.
- Camp is fully supplied with tents, cots, and comfortable sleeping pads.
- On overnight trips, we supply all your meals starting with BBQ shore lunch day one through lunch the last day.
- Soft drinks, snacks, and water.
- Flies! We carry thousands of them.
- Email with a detailed itinerary of your trip including directions to the meeting point, what to bring and what to expect.
- Rod, reel, and lines are available when scheduled in advance.
What You Provide
- Your travel arrangements to and from the meeting place for your trip in or near Portland, OR.
- Waders and Boots (Let us know if you need recommendations.)
- Your Fishing License! (Don’t have one yet? Visit Oregon Fish and Wildlife HERE.)
- Polarized sunglasses.
- Even though we have flies, we recommend you bring your favorites with you!
- Give us a heads up on any dietary restrictions before the trip.
Being a small business and guiding on Oregon’s finest Waters, cancellations affect us greatly. When WTO reserves your fishing date, we allocate precious resources to that time frame. Each season affords us only a small window to maintain our company as a small, family-run business thriving amidst the ups and downs of NW fisheries. Cancellations received 60 days in advance of the trip date will receive a full refund. Any cancellations received less than 60 days from the trip date we will do our best to reschedule your trip if possible, but last-minute changes are often difficult as we are booked well in advance and deposits will not be refunded. We recommend purchasing trip insurance to protect you against unexpected changes to your travel plans. When weather and water conditions do not allow us to fish, we will refund your deposit in full or reschedule your trip to an agreed-upon fishing date.