Get started fly fishing! This beginner introduction to fly fishing will get you going in the right direction with a good foundation of fly fishing concepts. This 2-1/2 hour session, taught by Marc G. Williamson (Instructor, Guide, and Recognized Fly Fishing Presenter) covers a long list of fly fishing basics and will give you solid building blocks to begin the great sport of fly fishing!
In this class, you will learn about the following:
- Rods, Reels and Fly Lines
- Leaders and Tippets
- The Different Fly Types, Categories and why you use certain ones
- Apparel and other items needed, such as vests, landing gear
- Fish and the Water…the basic needs of trout as well as the anatomy of trout waters
- You as a Predator
- What Fish Eat
- Basic Collection Procedures
- Angling Tactics…dry fly fishing, nymph fishing and more
- The Different Lies Trout Use
- Fishing Knots
- Fly Casting
Join us for a fun and information filled get-started session in fly fishing!
What you need to bring:
- Paper and pen as there will be piles of great information
- Windbreaker or Rain Jacket — warm clothes for winter and spring classes — we will attempt fly casting outside if weather permitting (if weather does not allow we will show basics of casting under covered area)
Where: Classes are held at Clackamette Park; 1955 Clackamette Dr, Oregon City, OR 97045
You may reach me if you have questions at: 503-473-5382 or marc@email@example.com
Date: April 29, 2017
Time: 9:00 am
Details: Pre-payment is required to reserve your spot. Class size is limited to be sure to book your spot in advance.
Fee: Class fee is just $35